All posts in Spain Residency Types

Residency Type: Getting a “cuenta ajena” work permit through arriago social

So you´ve been in Spain for at least 3 years (either on a Student Visa or “Irregularly”) and you love Spain and want to stay but the likelihood of you getting A) pareja de hecho or B) married to a Spaniard or EU Passport holder are slim to none. So what are your options? Well one of them is the Arraigo Social.

If you have the entrepreneurial spirit then the Arraigo Social por Cuenta Propia is more your style. (post soon to come)

For those of you looking to be able to be contracted full-time or part-time in Spain instead of working as a freelancer – then Arraigo Social por Cuenta Ajena is what you are looking for.

Read More…

Types of residency available under Spain’s “Ley de Emprendedores”

New legislation that went into effect in late 2013 means that it’s now easier for highly qualified workers, entrepreneurs and investors to get permission to live and work in Spain. The law is known as the “Ley de Emprendedores” – or the “Entrepreneurs’ law.”

These work permits allow you to live and work in Spain for two years, if you meet the qualifications. If you are a highly-qualified worker with a college degree, you need a job offer that uses relevant to your skills and experience. While it’s not an official requirement, the rule of thumb is that the job should pay at least around 25,000 euros per year. If you’re an entrepreneur or an investor, you need to present your plans and show you have the funds to pull them off. Of course, each case is considered individually. Read More…