All posts tagged travel

How to get an “Autorización de Regreso”

Got a trip planned? Have you already been living in Spain? If you are traveling outside of Spain and your residency card (NIE) is expired (in the process of renewal), then you must get the autorización de regreso in order to be able to re-enter Spain. It’s easy to get this, which we lay out for you in this post.

barajasIt does not matter if you are travelling to another country within the European Union or outside, nor at what stage you are at in the NIE renewal process. If your NIE is expired and you travel outside of Spain, you must solicit the autorización de regreso in order to re-enter Spain. Technically, if you travel to the Spanish Canary or Balearic islands you do not need the autorización.
Read More…