Can I switch to a work visa in Spain from a Non lucrative visa Spain with a job offer from a EU company?


I’ve been under the Non lucrative visa Spain for more than a year now, I’ve been contacted by a German company who is interested in hiring me and said they can give me an EU contract. Would I be able to switch to and get a working visa in Spain under these conditions?


These are the answers of some Facebook group members:

”You may be able to apply for a digital nomad visa”

“Non-lucrative residence can be modified to a residence and work permit after one year of residence. You will use your current residence card to prove your regular status in Spain and this will also prevent you from having to present a criminal record certificate in the case of the DNV. Here is more information about the DNV”

”I can apply for digital nomad visa but I would like to see if I could get a regular working visa”


In conclusion, according to Spainguru Facebook group members, switching from an NLV to a working visa in Spain might be feasible, especially with an EU contract from a German company. Some suggest considering a digital nomad visa, while others aim for a regular working visa. Consultation with immigration experts specializing in Spanish visas is advisable to explore this transition further.