Can a US citizen apply for a Digital Nomad Visa Spain, and is it better to apply in the US or Spain?


Can US citizen apply for a Digital Nomad Visa Spain or do they have to apply in the US?
If both options are available to US citizens, which option is better?
Any lawyer that can help with the process?


These are the answers of some Facebook group members:

‘’Much better to apply in Spain if you can. It is easier, cheaper and residency is for 3 years. The consulates in the US can be tricky and some prefer not to process DN or have very strict social security requirements that do not apply when you do it from Spain’’

‘’You can choose either. Most people apply from Spain because it’s easier and faster(the process itself as it’s more organized) and you can get up to a 3year visa whereas if you apply from the consulate it’s 1 year.

That’s the main reason why people apply from Spain. If you apply from Spain, you have to be here on the day the application is submitted, you can leave after that. I highly recommend having all of your documents prepared before coming to Spain should you decide to apply from Spain’’

‘’You can apply from Spain or a Consulate in the US. You will get 1 year permit if you do it from a Consulate and a 3 year permit if you do it from Spain. I beleive everyone recommends doing it from Spain for this reason mainly. Here you can find recommended immigration lawyers, with experience in DNV applications and approvals’’


In conclusion, According to Spainguru Facebook group members, a US citizen can apply for a DNV in Spain, with the option to apply either in the US or Spain. Applying in Spain is often considered better, as it’s easier, more organized, and grants a longer residency period (up to three years).

Some consulates in the US may have stricter requirements. For assistance, recommended immigration experts in Spain specialize in Digital Nomad Visa Spain applications, providing valuable support for a smoother process.