I just had the fingerprint appointment for the renewal of my expired Residence Permit. Can I take a plane within Spain?


I just had the fingerprint appointment for the renewal of Residence Permit. Can I take a plane within Spain with just a proof that I have applied and will get the TIE soon?


These are the answers of some Facebook group members:

“No. You need a Passport and a “Resguardo” form letter which basically states that you are waiting for your renewed Residency card and to pick it up within 30 to 45 days.”

“Not while traveling inside the country but if traveling outside get a Regreso

“I am in the same situation as you. I travelled to Madrid yesterday from Bilbao and as it is an internal flight the security checks are different you just need to show ID / Passport no visa is required.”

“Just your passport needed”

Previous articleIs it necessary to have a NIE number to rent an apartment in Spain? (EU Citizen)
Next articleAdvice about moving to Spain with a teenager
Bruno Bianchi
Bruno Bianchi is the Director at SpainGuru, where he offers his expertise on Spanish immigration, visas, and residency. Over the years, he has been a guide for many navigating the intricacies of Spanish immigration & bureaucracy. In addition to his role at SpainGuru, Bruno anchors the SpainGuru YouTube channel. Through this platform, he shares valuable insights and updates on immigration matters, simplifying complex processes for a global audience. Bruno's dedication to providing clear and trustworthy information has made him a trusted figure in the community. In addition to his pivotal role at SpainGuru, Bruno boasts over 17 years of professional experience in several online platforms. With roles ranging from the COO and co-founder of Spotahome.com and Sales director of the MAPSA Group, Bruno's diverse experiences (he holds 3 nationalities) and multilingual capabilities (he speaks 5 languages) make him a dynamic and influential figure in both the immigration and business sectors.