Is it mandatory for the company sponsoring work authorization on a student visa in Spain to be Spanish, or can it be a foreign company?


For adding the work authorization to student visa in Spain, does the company have to be Spanish? For example: remote-work contract for an American company.


These are the answers of some Facebook group members:

“Yes, it must be a Spanish company.”

“For cuenta ajena, yes. For cuenta propia, no… so you’d need to be willing to be autónomo.”

“Yes has to based in Spain either Spanish company or company with offices in Spain following Spanish business law”